Welcome to the Yare Boat Club – the oldest rowing club in Norwich – and possibly Norfolk! We are an open club offering sculling and rowing both for the competitive athlete and for the recreational rower who likes to keep fit whilst enjoying the river. Rowing is a great sport for general fitness as it works all your muscle groups. The club is open to adults of all ages, from the complete beginner to the experienced rower.
We are a friendly club with up-to-date equipment and facilities, based on Thorpe Island (East Norwich) on the River Yare. We are fully equipped to cater for all levels of rowing ability and aspiration:
- If you are a beginner, we will teach you to row (see below for full details).
- If you are experienced you can row recreationally with us, or if you prefer you can race (we have a racing squad that attends regattas throughout the country).
- We have a full programme of fun social activities throughout the year – both on and off the water!
If you want to find out more, please leave a message using the contact us tab at the top of this page and we can arrange a good time for you to visit the club.
Learn to Row – 2017 – for beginners and those returning to rowing To enrol, or to find out more, please leave a message using the contact us tab at the top of this page.
- Courses begin on first Sundays in April, June and August
- Small groups of learners (max 6 per session)
- Open to anyone aged 18 and over
- First session is free of charge
- Three following sessions for just £30
- If you then decide to join the club we will deduct £30 from your first year’s subscription